Today's top story: Persimmon board scrapes through
The House of Lords issued a further defeat against Theresa May's Brexit plans, this time opposing her bid to adopt the so-called Henry VIII powers that allow the government to bypass parliamentary scrutiny when making decisions.
As for markets this morning, the FTSE is expected to open 0.62 per cent down at 7,379, while Germany's Dax and the French Cac are likely to open flat, according to Reuters.
Asian shares, meanwhile, have risen again thanks to the dollar reaching a new high. MSCIs broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan bounced back from three-week lows plumbed the previous day and gained 0.35 per cent. Japans Nikkei rose 0.7 per cent.
- Barclays – the bank is releasing its Q1 results today, as is Royal Dutch Shell
- Domino's Pizza – the pizza chain will issues a trading announcement today. Taylor Wimpey and Weir Group will also make announcements
- AssetCo – is one of many companies holding their AGMs today. French Connection, Fidessa and Just Eat are also hosting their AGMs.
- 9.30 – British Bankers Association mortgage approvals (March)
- 12:45 – ECB deposit rate decision
- 13.30 – ECB monetary policy statement and press conference