Huawei says US campaign hit business in Europe, no major disruption overall
The U.S. measures on Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei so far have not caused major disruption, the company said Tuesday, adding they did dent the companys sales in Europe.
“There is an impact on our business in Europe, but for the first half [of 2019] this impact is not a large one,” said Liang Hua, chairman of Huaweis board of directors. “We continue to cooperate with European carriers and enterprise customers,” he said.
The company today announced it had booked ¥401.3 billion (€52 billion) revenue in the first half of 2019, corresponding to 23 percent year-on-year growth.
“Our 5G network rollout has not been impacted by the [U.S. administrations] ban because we were well prepared,” said Liang. He added “there has been some impact on smartphone sales in the non-Chinese market.”
“In the second half of the year we will meet our challenges,” Liang said, adding that company is “still very confident in our whole year growth.”
The company has faced restrictions in its supply chain since mid-May, when theRead More – Source