10 top gainer stocks of Wednesday’s session
NEW DELHI: Bouts of short covering amid rupee's rise, eased crude oil prices and improved Asian cues gave equity benchmarks a shot in their arms on Wednesday.
A fresh spell of buying emerged in most sectors which sustained throughout the day, causing the headline indices Sensex and Nifty rest in the green zone.
Bank, financial, auto and metal stocks played ball.
The Sensex basket closed the day with a gain of 461 points, or 1.35 per cent, at 34,760.89. The NSE counterpart Nifty50 jumped 159 points, or 1.54 per cent, to 10,460.10.
Among the 50 stocks in the Nifty index, 42 settled with gains, but eight stocks, including Bharti Infratel, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Tech and Wipro, failed to perform.
Let's take a look at 10 top gainers on BSE:
- Adani Power settled with a gain of 24.79 per cent at Rs 29.95.
- Goa Carbon closed at Rs 664.90, up 20 per cent.
- HEG surged 20 per cent, settling at Rs 3,871.05.
- Ador Welding closed at Rs 352.40, up 19.99 per cent.
- Universal cables jumped 19.98 per cent, closing the day at Rs 228.20.
- Bhageria Industries jumped 19.98 per cent to Rs 270.80.
- Vama Industries finished at Rs 13.47, up 19.95 per cent.
- Windsor Machines closed at Rs 70.65, up 19.95 per cent.
- Prime Property Development Corporation jumped 19.89 per cent, settling at Rs 21.40.
- Axtel Industries closed 19.87 per cent up at Rs 55.20.
Axis Bank, State Bank of India, Maruti Suzuki, YES Bank and ICICI Bank emerged as the top gainers in the Sensex index.