Just when you think you have figured out the knack behind the WTF, NSFW and BTW a whole other array of social media codes are thrown at you in the form of Snapchat emojis.
A Snapchat friend could be a love heart, a sunglasses face or even a smirk to you, but what does that all mean?
Unless you are a Snapchat veteran, understanding the meaning behind the emojis on Snapchat can be a challenge.
The photo messaging, video sending, instant messaging and photo exploring app uses emoji to represent and give their users different messages.
Snapchat has been incredibly inventive in using emojis as a form of language to appeal to its young demographic.
If you are an original Snapchat user – as in you were there when all you could do was send pictures, then you have probably deciphered the emojis popping up on the app.
For those of you late to the Snapchat game wondering what these symbols correspond to, then prepare to have your mind blown.
Emojis will pop up on the app beside your Snapchat friend’s names and they function as a way of describing the relationship you and your friend have on Snapchat.
If you are a serious snapper then you may have quite a few emojis, or there may be some listed here that you will never see because you are just not that dedicated to the app or your Snapchat friends.
Shame on you.
What does the yellow heart emoji mean?
It is probably the most touching emoji out there as the meaning behind it is something truly heart warming.
A yellow heart beside one of your Snapchat friends means that they are your number 1 best friend and you are theirs.
It means that you send the most snaps to this person, and they send the most snaps to you.
Snapchat emojis decoded
– This should appear beside people that you snapchat frequently, anyone in your list of best friends.
– A yellow heart beside one of your snapchat friends means that they are your number 1 best friend and you are theirs. You send the most snaps to this person, and they send the most snaps to you.
– The baby emoji means that you are new snapchat friends with that person, as in you just added them.
– This cheeky smirking face means that you are one of their best friends but they are not one of yours. They send you a ton of snaps, and you don’t reply.
– This romantic symbol means the two of you have been number 1 best friends for two weeks straight, this is a graduation from the yellow heart.
– Love, or great friendship, is truly in the air if this pops up, as this means that you have been number 1 best friends for two months straight, a graduation from the red heart symbol.
– The Gold Star is often feared among people using Snapchat, and it is a misunderstood little icon, it was once thought to pop up on beside someone’s name when they had replayed your story.
But in fact this twinkling star is much more innocent, it basically pops up beside someone’s name when another of their friends replayed anything they sent.
– The cool sunnies dude is actually not quite so slick, because this emoji signifies that you and this snapchat friend both have a mutual best friend on snapchat, as in someone you send a lot of snaps to they also send a lot of snaps to.
– This ‘grin and bear it’ guy is actually telling you something very awkward, your number 1 best friend, is their number 1 best friend. You are both sending the most amount of snaps to the same person.
– This signifies a streak, as one of the sassiest emojis going is this fire symbol and pops up beside one of your snapchat friends when you have snapped back and forth continuously for more than three days in a row, the fire symbol also has a number beside it that shows how many days you guys have been streaking for, lose these at your peril.
– This is not anything to do 300 the film, although it seems like it. It signifies that you have a 100 day snapstreak with that person. Well done.
– This menacing hourglass symbol will appear beside your snapchat friend’s name when you have a streak with them that is about to expire. Get snapping.
– This birthday cake emoji appears when it is that snapchat friends birthday, but will only appear if they have their ‘Birthday Party’ setting turned on, which can be found in the settings section.
The post What does the yellow heart and other emojis mean on Snapchat? appeared first on News Wire Now.